Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Installer Injured In Pole Collaspe 7/15/2010

What? This was a POLE Actiontec. There wasn't a damn thing the guy could do UNLESS the pole had been tagged as unsafe, which even if it were, it is unlikely the guy knew how to decipher the tag markings, if he even looked for or saw them to begin with.

Here is an idea captain256; instead of posting all the accident reports, why don't you post the types and meanings of pole tags? While I think having a safety forum is a long overdue and great suggestion which I commend you on, if all that is going to be posted here are accidents, I don't see how that helps others to be safe. Give the readers something that will help them help themselves to be safe.

As for this accident, I have a feeling it could have been avoided had the 42 year old actually surveyed the pole before setting up his ladder. I don't think I have ever climbed a pole, using a ladder or hooks, that I didn't survey first. I've been known to climb poles that I knew I shouldn't and have been hurt. That isn't an accident, that was me being a dumbass for doing what I knew I shouldn't but took the chance anyway. Luckily for me though I am a fast learner (and healer) as it only took one time for me to learn.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #310447. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbsVn
Posted in reply to: Re: Installer Injured In Pole Collaspe 7/15/2010 by ActionTec
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Installer Injured In Pole Collaspe 7/15/2010 ActionTec 8/17/2010 11:14:17 PM
Re: Installer Injured In Pole Collaspe 7/15/2010 captain256 8/17/2010 11:53:04 AM