Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Our last safety meeting

I know it's probably not your place but maybe you can talk to your supervisor about starting something.  OSHA's website has a ton of free resources for topics and education.  Even just reading the posts on here can help prevent accidents by knowing how they happened.  You may just help save someone's life. 

That aside, it's a fuckin joke how many companies ignore simple rules and regulations.  Before OSHA and the IBEW, 1 in 3 lineman died on the job.  The power/electric companies take safety very seriously and cable/telcom companies are beginning to follow suit.  I see techs (in house and contractors) who aren't working safe almost everyday and they make us all look bad.  Put out a couple extra cones, double check your ladder, TIE OFF, get training and education, if something is sketchy then figure out how to do it safe or don't do it until it's safe.  It's only a job and if you get killed then who will provide for your family?  Probably not your employer and the government benefits aren't much, that's if you even pay SSI, if not then your extra screwed.  

As I've said before, if any of you guys need any help finding training let me know.  I started out as a flagger when I was 17yo working for a line construction co and worked up to lineman and finally business owner.  I've worked for 1 man outfits and 1000 man outfits.  The only reason I care about this shit is because I've seen guys die needlessly more than once.  It's not right having to call someones wife or mother and tell them their son has died or been seriously messed up because they weren't tied off or got hit by a car. 
This is CABL.com posting #309341. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbsDx
Posted in reply to: Our last safety meeting by PantherFan
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Our last safety meeting salesdawg 8/6/2010 10:25:25 AM