Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Safety

Ive got my reports from my spine evals today.... 11% partial permanet impairment of the whole body. Bottom line im hurt my spine needs rods and pins to hold it together and the prime is saying it never happened. This was only from slipping 20 some odd feet down my ladder on my way up.  I had my belt, meter and tool belt.  Even when your safe these things happen. 

Granted I had the safty belt it do me much good climbing up.  Word for all you newbes.. If you fall make sure you document everything the hosue you were at, get a customer sign on wo that they witnessed you.  I was a supervisor checkin a techs job called over so of course no work order i did these everyday all the time. 

It wasnt till I couldnt pay anymore out of my own pocket for medical bills I turned to WC.  Its going to trial next month so Ill update.

Let this be an example.  Im permanetly injured, one guy died and lots more fall everyday and get hurt. No new hire/sub gets trained to do aerial work.  Only inhouse get the training.  Newbes be careful.  Please!

Mike 
This is CABL.com posting #308646. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbssk
Posted in reply to: Re: Safety by WeeWah
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Safety Splicer Life 4me 7/30/2010 3:26:51 PM