Create your free account now! Sign up

Comcast Worker Electrocuted, Marple Twp, PA 06/29

This is all I know as of right now but I'll post more when info becomes available:

News
Electrocution kills Comcast worker

Published: Wednesday, June 30, 2010

28 comment(s) | Email to a friend | Print version | ShareThis | RSS Feeds

By Kathleen E. Carey, (-REDACTED-)

MARPLE — A Comcast employee was killed after being electrocuted on Sproul Road near Mary Lane and Cedar Grove Road Tuesday afternoon, officials confirmed.

Details about the employee, such as age, name and length of service, were not released although officials said the incident occurred around 3 p.m.

Jeff Alexander, vice president of public relations for Comcast’s Eastern Division, issued a statement.

“All of us at Comcast are surprised and saddened by this tragic news and we extend our heartfelt sympathy and condolences to our employee’s family and friends,” he said.

Comcast officials said they were unaware of any other electrocutions in Comcast’s history.

PECO spokeswoman Karen Muldoon Geus said the utility company sent representatives to the scene, although a PECO employee was not involved.

“At this point, it’s under investigation,” she said. “Typically, when there’s anything involving our lines, we do an investigation.”

Geus said she did not know what time crews arrived at the location.

Information was not available from the Delaware County Medical Examiner’s office Tuesday night

MARPLE — The Comcast employee who was killed while working on Sproul Road Tuesday afternoon has been identified as a 38-year-old township man.

John Adams, of Radcliffe Road, Broomall, died after being electrocuted while repairing a cable line at a home in the 2100 block of Sproul Road, police said.

Investigators believe Adams, who was working by himself, came into contact with a PECO line that was not properly attached at the top of a pole and had become blended in with other wires, police said.

This is CABL.com posting #308358. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbsnG
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Comcast Worker Electrocuted, Marple Twp, PA 06 Splicer Life 4me 7/27/2010 8:35:10 PM