Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Sorry Fiber Fans, I've Got Some Bad News

The FCC report the article refers to says it all in the opening paragraph.

"The Federal Communications Commission is attempting to educate consumers about broadband speeds, and at the same time, is seeking comment on how mobile broadband speeds should be measured

The public isn't educated(no kidding).

It would be suicidal for any ISP to take the stance that there is no demand. Once you educate someone and they understand what's possible the demand will be over whelming. Kinda like a race car driver thinking he's gonna win so he stops making changes to his car. Next thing he knows he's being lapped by the team that kept up with the track and constantly made changes to make the car better. (sry for the NASCAR analogy)

Unless you've been under a rock and hadn't noticed, everyone's online now-a-day's. From a kid playing AAO online, Internet phone calls, watching TV/movies, webcams, your mom using a video phone, trading, booking flights, gambling, social media, et all; with public education the demand will grow. Guaranteed.

Not to mention more and more business is being conducted from home. It is expected within the next few years that telecommuting in the public sector will increase by 65% and in the private sector by 33%.

My perspective on this is simple. Fiber optics, including America's thirst for speed, is going nowhere but up.

If you embrace technology, it will embrace you

This is CABL.com posting #308180. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbskO
Posted in reply to: Sorry Fiber Fans, I've Got Some Bad News by FiberSlasher
There are 0 replies to this message