Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cargebacks, Workmans Comp, and General Liabili

So the sheetrock guy that I supplied all the materials for is an employee?  How about the kid that mows the lawn on the day and time I set, while supplying the lawn mower and gas is an employee also?  Oh and that means I shouldn't take the money from the sheetrock guys pay after he screwed up one wall and I fixed it myself(or he had a legal right to repair it)?  BS, technically thats whats being said.  Ever work as a contractor for uncle sam?  They set your hours and supply everything and dictate every manner in which any and all work is performed.  Try breathing in the wrong area on a high security military base.  Wonder how many lawsuits could be won there.  It all sounds good but going to court and changing things is a different story.  I saw up the thread that as a contractor you get the chance to repair your own mistakes?  If you screw up a house one has something called homeowners insurance that can and definately will if needed send out an adjuster.  That typically(if a contractor) makes a % off of the damages and quotes prices for a general contractors rate.  At any rate I wouldn't want a cable guy contracting the repair of damages to my home.  Period.  I have never heard of anyone in any business having the "legal right" to repair something that they screwed up unless stated in a contract(which definately would have a time frame/backharges for loss of use).  If you don't own the house you have no say so as to how, who, what, when, or where its repaired whether you, employees, or the family dog created the damages.  Doesn't the cable company still own their plant??  Don't they?  Wouldn't that make them the sole decidors on who repairs what?  Your stake in this claim is to take said parties to court and sue for excessive charges by insurance fraud for not actually having coverage of something paid for.  There is something called state insurance commission that may be of assistance on this matter, dunno if that is their bag but its a start.  If you purchase your own General Liability then your boss can take all he wants from your check and you can bill your GL insurer. If you smash into my car do you have any legal right to repair it?  If a roofing contractors ladder falls into my house at what point does that individual have the legal right to make decisions about repairs?  If you go to a doctor and he screws up does he have a legal right to operate again to fix his damages?  He did the job, shouldnt he get the chance to fix it?  The last person I would want to see after an accident is the guy that did it.  Hate to be a downer but this business is what it is and keep in mind that unions make up something like 12% of American wages, keep your hopes up.  Sounds like you guys should get your own policy and eliminate all this bs.  Your boss can't make you buy his, that is the law, as long as you get coverages he requires.  Its usually a 3 to 5 hundred dollar policy annually, thats it.    
This is CABL.com posting #304617. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrpl
Posted in reply to: Re: Cargebacks, Workmans Comp, and General Liabili by James MacGeorge
There are 0 replies to this message