Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cargebacks, Workmans Comp, and General Liabili

This topic is walking the very thin line of Employee or Contractor, why is the Prime taking it out of your check... control is the issue at hand.  If the prime I worked for did that they would be paying my workmans comp claim out of the trial set for next month.  Ive learned one thing from working in Cable and Sat.  Sat installers are contractors free to do as they want, cable on the other hand boils down to pay you like a sub but demand you act as an employee.  But I can see some points which need to be addressed.

If you damage something even if you have CYA all over it, your screwed.  Its the MSO that gets the call and per the MSO and Prime contract, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO BACK, ONLY THE PRIME... I know a guy Mark S.  I worked with got hit with a 3500 chargeback for a broken water pipe.  He couldnt use his GL, the Prime paid it and charged him back.

Mark could have did two things....

1. Quit - Prime keeps his check

2. Payment Plan - He took the payment plan like evey person ive handled damages for over the past 5 years as a Supervisor.

Now common sence would tell you he had 2 million GL and a 500 deduct, required to work for them.  But couldnt use it, the prime sends out a Sup or Manager to quickly make the problem go away.

*****Lesson - DONT DAMAGE ANYTHING - Your GL you pay for every year or out of your check is a smoke screen.

This is a form of control that leds to him being an employee.  If he was a contractor why was he not allowed to fix his damages?.....

Its shity, but you know if a "so called contractor fights a damage or its waiting on a claims adjustor, the MSO's customer is going to call the news station, not pay there bill or file a lawsuit againist the MSO.  THIS WHY YOU DO NOT HAVE TO OPTION TO FIX IT.  Maybe if its a broken sprinkler pipe, maybe just maybe you get to fix that. I know most installers say I DIDNT DO THAT....

This is CABL.com posting #304041. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbrf3
Posted in reply to: Re: Cargebacks, Workmans Comp, and General Liabili by cabletruth
There are 0 replies to this message