Create your free account now! Sign up

Cargebacks, Workmans Comp, and General Liability

I am a 1099 cable tv subcontractor doing installs in southern IN and I need some help to know if myself all of our techs are being screwed for the last 2 years.  So as subs we get workman's comp and general liability taken out of our checks every week right.  If I understand correctly understand that should cover us if we cause damages to a customers house  right?  All I know is that every tech has their damages duducted from their check when they occur.  So if the company is taking wcgl every week from us shouldn't that cover us for damages?  Now onto chargebacks!

In our contract there is nothing stated about chargebacks but our owner and supervisors are now back charging for lots of things.  Is that "legal"?  I was charged back the other day for more than a whole job was worth!  I know chargebacks very well so don't get me wrong.  The other cable co. in town has a charge back system in place and everyone knows cause its in the contract.  The contractor we work for though. we think, taking advantage of all of us.  Can anyone relate or help or better yet know the laws cause we are fed up!

This is CABL.com posting #303339. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbq4J
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Cargebacks, Workmans Comp, and General Liabili JaredSwisher 7/6/2010 1:02:54 AM
Re: Cargebacks, Workmans Comp, and General Liabili James MacGeorge 6/2/2010 9:51:36 PM
Re: Cargebacks, Workmans Comp, and General Liabili PantherFan 5/21/2010 12:09:47 AM
Re: Cargebacks, Workmans Comp, and General Liabili bushmaster 5/19/2010 8:46:08 AM