Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Where did the jobs go? The real anser

That's good advice J rokk. having worked for contractors for 16 years before going to work for an MSO I can say there are advantages and disadvantages to both courses, large checks, travel and freedom on the one hand and stability and benefits on the other. It all depends on where you are in your life on what you require out of a job, when I was young and had no one depending on me, moving from job to job was fun but now that there is a home, wife and kid involved, I prefer (most of the time) to be home to see my son grow up. As far as pay goes, it's never enough, different regions of the country have different pay scales depending on the cost of living in that area. Here in the S.F. Bay Area installers start with an MSO for about $18.00 an hour, but a studio apt. will run you $750 to $1000 a month. J rokk is right on about working your way up through an MSO, if you put in enough time and do the training they want you to do to advance, it will add up after a while, working for a contractor is like a sprint while being with an MSO is a marathon.    
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Winston Churchill
This is CABL.com posting #299826. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbp94
Posted in reply to: Re: Where did the jobs go? The real anser by J_r0kk
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Where did the jobs go? The real anser lonemonkey 4/20/2010 12:55:31 PM