Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: advise please

Yes, it sux!!! At one time, I looked forward to going to work, didnt matter if I had a 100 footer to climb or it was pay day. This business was my life. I could write a novel based on my life in the cable world, and people would laugh or cry. Ive had great times and bad times. I was on the road when I got the 5 am call about my sons death, and I was on the road when I met the love of my life. I have spent my whole life on the road, left home at 13 and just now came off the road at 37. Unfortunately the cable biz has went south, seemingly gone forever, never to return the way it once was. Now, in this "new age" of the cable world, (if one chooses to deal with it) comes many unnecessary obstacles. One may worry about not getting paid, the $12 per hour wages, or the common narcissistic manager that is more concerned with grown men stroking his ego rather than producing quality work in a timely manner. Things have changed for the worse, and its a hard pill to swallow, for me anyway. I miss doing what I do in the "old cable world". For the people that are still hangin on or just coming into this business, good luck and hope it works for ya.
This is CABL.com posting #295654. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbo4M
Posted in reply to: Re: advise please by olndog
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: advise please olndog 3/14/2010 9:42:09 PM