Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Is anyone still making good money contracting?

I got out of the satellite business last year after 11yrs in the business. I was a sub owner and the HSP was killing me and my guys with all of the bullshit chargebacks. Every week when I picked up my company check from the HSP, they made all the subs sign a new Addemdum before they would release our checks. They were always minor but the one that made me quit the business was "if my sub company failed any 3 categories on our monthly Matrix , the HSP would charge me back $2 for every completed work order for that month. We were doing completing about 30-50 jobs a day.You do the math. The HSP's control the numbers on the Matrix. Any sub owner that runs their business right and keep track of their numbers know this to be true. My contract was up for renewal 3 weeks after that meeting. I didn't renew and made all my guys go in-house.

I now do Equipment recovery with comcast. I work 3-4 hours in the evening and make about $800-$1000 a week. Less stress, no climbing ladders or into crawl spaces or dealing with crooked ass HSP's or trying to explain to my techs why they got charged back for BS.

Try to get out and Good Luck all.
This is CABL.com posting #291337. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnW9
Posted in reply to: Re: Is anyone still making good money contracting? by rookiecableguy
There is 1 reply to this message