Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: This is why I won't do Sat. work

if they had bi-directional satellite for directv there would be no need for phone lines.  That is true, but now you get into the issue of requiring bandwidth for every customer.  Right now there able to use small dishes and just multicast.

There are several companies that are bidirectional.  These are the satellite internet companies.  I really don't think directv or dish are prepeared to fork out the extra money on transmitters and trying to keep everyone compliant with 2 way equipment.  Becides the smallest dish I know of other than a Began is a .74 Meter dish.  And then you have to have it off the ground, out of customers reach and warn them that the dish is putting RF in the air.  This would mean no more self-installs, no more mouting on a balcony, no more tripods.  I think the TV service likes those customers or they wouldnt have found a way to try to please everyone.

So for them to go away from phone lines the only way is to go through a high speed connection which I belive alot have.  Now the question would be if they allow you to use the wireless stuff and get remembursed or charge the customer for.
This is CABL.com posting #289891. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbnzP
Posted in reply to: Re: This is why I won't do Sat. work by rlhcable
There are 0 replies to this message