Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I need info about a28c telsta

Altec is the only place that has the parts you need.  They can also refer you to people who will do the repairs.  I had the same problem and kept trying to limp along with the turret slipping.  Nearly got killed when the turret slipped on an incline and swung me out into traffic.  The green part is the main drive wheel.  It is some sort of polymer molded around a steel splined shaft.  As I recall that part runs around $700.  The idler wheels which I think are red were around $100 each.  Sounds like you need at least one.  I watched the guy put mine in and it wasn't that difficult.  He was just a regular mechanic. But the secret is to get the tension off of the turret.  You raise the bucket up fully with a cable attached to the boom.  Hook a comealong to this and attach the other end to a solid object.  In my case it was a dumpster.  Tighten the comealong so as to try and pull the boom higher than its normal position.  This takes the tension off of the drive wheel and allows it to come out.  Without doing this you will never get the old wheel out.  In case this wasn't clear, the engineer at Altec can explain it to you.  Hope this helps. 
This is CABL.com posting #287238. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmS2
Posted in reply to: Re: I need info about a28c telsta by wizo6812
There are 0 replies to this message