Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Addressable Taps

It could be a grounding issue. but what it sounds like to me is they arn't addressing them properley. When I put in a new node where an existing one is or segment it the modems wont respond back to SOC(system operation center for cox). They are still working though. They just cant check modems of the new node to tell me a specific address. They have to have the right address number from the node to put into the computer. The modems will work for a couple of days and then will stop responding if not done. That would be my guess if this is a reacurring thing. You might also check the voltage. If they are made to run at 90v and the ps is at 60v than it is possiable that they will work a couple of days then stop(burn up). It could also be the other way around needing less voltage. Anothey thing is if they have a pad(attenuater) that is inside of it and is not done correctly they could still work for a few days until they just burn up from to much signal but still allowing signal to pass through the lines. I would have to know more info to beable to tell you for sure.
This is CABL.com posting #285399. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmpn
Posted in reply to: Addressable Taps by Chip Douglas
There are 0 replies to this message