Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Subs sue Bright House & Knight

There was always a lot of 'crying'. Like Mike said being forced to pickup a kicked job at 6pm or face the firing squad does not sit well with any tech. Good or Bad.

It's always been my opinion, that Knight has treated their installers like doo doo. Knight was not my first (or second or third or tenth) cable gig, if you have worked for other primes that know how to treat decent techs to keep them around, you would know what I am talking about.

Sure you back charge the hacks to weed out the lazy or incompetent, YOU DON'T screw over the good ones. That is why Knight will never keep top talent. That is why the company is where it is today.

$500 back charge for a lost DOCSIS modem? give me a freaking break. BHN charges the customer $55 for that same modem, you think they charge Knight $500 NO they don't. I paid for 4 modems in my time there. That was my fault and would have happily paid the $55 but $500 that should be considered GRAND Theft.

I am thankful to be done with that place. I have back problems and have stayed away from the pain killers. There are many techs there that cannot say the same.

Had I not been promoted out of installs I would have quit that ship after less than 6 months. I know my shit and never had a QC fail. I also know how the industry works, it's about who you know, and whose palms you grease. That will never change.

Old School Cable Dawg. Former Splicer, Sweep MSO Guy. 4 Years of Knight Enterprises
This is CABL.com posting #284676. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbmdI
Posted in reply to: Re: Subs sue Bright House & Knight by dcommtn
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Subs sue Bright House & Knight KeeperofSecrets 12/21/2009 10:09:46 PM