Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Subs sue Bright House & Knight

"how dare this about making $77,000 a year in todays economy. honestly how many of you guys spend $59,000 a year or believe scantland spent $59,000 each year for 7 years to run cable? this is what we claim to avoid paying outrageous taxes. hopefully this makes enough money to pay all his back taxes. also i heard the latest on the fedex case that fedex won in an appeals court recently."

49,000 was spent to make 28,000. And how do you know he has back taxes?

""I told my manager I fell off a ladder,"
word on the street is you hurt yourself at home. a good source leaked this info. not sure of her name but i hear she works at 24KT."

This is obviously heresay and will not hold up in court. And what is 24KT? Am I supposed to be impressed by that?

""It's not even a livable type of job,"
but it was for 7 years???"

Got a point on this one.

""Scantland, a father of three and now engaged to be married, said he first had to buy his equipment just to begin working for the company.
That equipment included a $2,200 meter that helps determine if a cable jack is good and functioning; a $500 phone installation kit; and $200 wire strippers".
this is exactly how contracting works for those who didn't know. how many years did you contract before buying that $2,200 meter? it had to be some where around 5 years. because that meter was not available thru knight at that price until about 2 years ago. when did you buy your phone tools because bright house did not offer phone service 7 years ago. "$200 wire strippers" are they made of gold!!!!!!!!
and finally what a stand up guy. knock her up 3 times then finally put a ring on her finger. sounds like a disney fairy tale.

I take offense at the last comment about "knocking up 3 times" his fiance. The possibility lies that the children are from previous relationships/marriage.

""Lichten said Verizon uses its own employees"
we all konw verizon uses contractors."

Not according to Verizon. Their INSTALLERS are employees. If you have an issue with that, I suggest taking it up with Verizon.

For some reason you seem really angry about this, why? Are you a Knight or Brighthouse representative? If not, and you are a contractor, the possiblity is that this may help you get a more justified payscale. Or it may not. But there is an awful lot of anger in your post.

Dogs aren't our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
This is CABL.com posting #283798. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblZy
Posted in reply to: Re: Subs sue Bright House & Knight by dcommtn
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Subs sue Bright House & Knight BlackZ28 12/17/2009 1:02:47 PM
Re: Subs sue Bright House & Knight ActionTec 12/13/2009 10:18:09 PM
Re: Subs sue Bright House & Knight dcommtn 12/13/2009 3:05:37 PM