Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Are You A Independent Contrator Or Employee?

Most everyone on here knows my name even the St Pete times wants to do a story on this prime "This week" "Knight Enterprises, Pinellas Fl" I want to see this industry change, im not insterested any money award, Ive been physical hurt for the rest of my life from this work and scene freinds addicted to pain pills.

Ive watched supervisors run out to the parking lot to get pills for techs so they can do there route, smoke out's every morning before techs leave for there 1st jobs, managers beg me to find them pills since my brother in law was getting them, routes being bought for pills, telling good techs I do have work for them but this one is for the guy who hooks up the manager, watched MSO materails "copper" being stolen and sold out of the warehouse, "one guy got fired, the other is still there"...

After you put all this together what kind of place is this.....

Since most of you reading these posts have common sence and are not the average cable guy...

Ive yet to met any real standup cable guys there are none left....

The ones I knew are hooked on pain pills being bought and sold in the 1000's in there parknig lot every month.  All the newbies being drawn in buy you can make 1000-1500 a week....

Little they know... that means 

7am to 9pm 6 days a week....they invest in tools, gas and insurance to find to make the 1000-1500 you have to buy more tools, have more exper and work more hours "IE more Jobs"....

I know was all have to support our family and lots say that...But do you have a family installing cable????? Can you go to your kids baseball game, your kids school, have a dinner with your family for once, not be bothered by the supervisor cause your radio HAS TO BE ONE TILL 6/7....

Thats what Im trying to change.....It seems the MSO and Prime keep agreeing to push the installers "which have not rights as of now" to do what ever they want.....

What would an installer say if they refused to do the late appointments..... They are "Indenpendant Contractors Free to DO what ever they wany Right".......

That installer gets Fu#ked by his supervisor, then the manager and then downloaded.... DO THIS ROUTE ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR........

All you have to do is give him boxes swaps for few weeks and hell do what ever they want.... its a provin system of power and control.....But I know one guy who would love box swaps...... change the drop on every call....

Were almost at the Class Action Point and waiting on Cert of Class Action, that means everyone in the past three years will be sent a letter about this.  Knights supervisors have run off alot of installers in that time.  So I hope this a wake up call for all other Primes to watch out and start thinking of change before its your name on Federal Court suit......

This is CABL.com posting #283409. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblTh
Posted in reply to: Re: Are You A Independent Contrator Or Employee? by Cowboy3939
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Are You A Independent Contrator Or Employee? pacarter 12/9/2009 7:45:41 PM