Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Why is everyone worried about charge backs

Thats funny file a police report for theft.... Well hate to break it to you.

Since most if not all of use in the cable/sat world are third in line.  That means the people who pay us are paid by another company for the work we did. And they company I/We we do the installs for take a percentage most take 50-65 percent of the price they charge/bid to the company installed thete products, IE Modems, VOIP etc..

So when the company whom your installing for "I dont say contract anymore unless Im treated as a contractor and not under the complete control of them" get a service call or follow up for a quaility control check. They may find somthing wrong, out of my 8 years "EVERY JOB FAILS FOR SOMETHING"

"Fittings, Wire Routing, Grounding, Customer Education, Levels"

No matter how much B.S "CYA" you put on a W/O your not covered by the rules of the game.

Example:

You install for a company "Knight Enterprises"

They have an install contract for "Bright House Networks"

You install Bright House products ----- You get paid by Knight Enterprises ----- Knight Enterprises Bills Bright House for the work you do.

Bright House checks your job -- "Its Bright House QC's job to find something wrong"  They find a sucked out fitting on a Rg6 under ground drop....

Bright House QC turns in a Fail to his boss---- Bright House charges Knight back 100.00 per each fail.

Knight pass's that 100.00 charge back to you. B.S

Take this into account. 

That job was a triple play, with new wire billed to the customer, Your billing off the codes was about 100.00.  Keep in mind Knight bills Bright House an average of 30-60 percent more.  So this means

Knight didnt lose anything, you did.  They profit from your fails.

I know for a fact the other two compaines doing work in the area dont pass the QC chargebacks to the techs unless its really back.  The company eats the QC chargebacks to keep a well balanced work force. "Happy Techs"

But sweatfor hire said it best.... If you bitch you gone.....

You make a scene and your last check is gone.... The supervisor will go to your last weeks jobs and take pics after hes messed them up and take your check for failed Qc's..

Its business.  If I pay you to do a job and take a piece off thge top... and I dont get paid for your poor work Im not paying you....

My 2 cents..

This is CABL.com posting #283404. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblTc
Posted in reply to: Re: Why is everyone worried about charge backs by sweatforhire
There is 1 reply to this message