Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Are You A Independent Contrator Or Employee?

Thanks, Cowboy... it seems your on the same page as most of the contractors "employees" around my area.  Only the brave few that put there name on out suite have the guts to stand up for there rights.  But most wont opt in until it goes further.  Alot of scared of being fired, after seeing how the others were blackballed with every cable company around town. Ive been in contract with all the other cable primes and they are very interested in seeing this company get what it deserves.  The owner has such a strong hold on the MSO thats its impossible for another employee based company do business with it. Which leads to a whole other problem of kickbacks, use of private jets, boats, limo's by MSO's higher management.  You ask every MSO installer, supervisor, manager and they all will tell you off the record of course theres something shady with the relationship between the two. But whos going to do something about it.   Example i was a commercial installer and every MSO tech hated the way the prime operated and loved the way the other two primes worked with them, my prime repeatedly ignored requests to change who they handle these jobs.  QC's and service calls were through the roof.  Now these jobs are the most important types of jobs for the MSO.  Why give it to a company that screws them up. So the MSO management gave the work to two another primes, well all was well until the two "primes owner and MSO big shot had a meeting"  Well that stopped. Wonder what was said in that meeting.

Once its exposed things will change. Its a long road ahead, The primes owner is sinking a ton of money into a concert venue and may he sees change down the road.  Over the next year more things will come to light.

This is CABL.com posting #283015. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mblMV
Posted in reply to: Re: Are You A Independent Contrator Or Employee? by Cowboy3939
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Are You A Independent Contrator Or Employee? Cowboy3939 12/7/2009 10:20:59 PM