Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: U.S. gov't to release $4 bln soon for broadban

I am a cable operator and I looked at applying for some free obama money.Too many rules too much paper work and reports. Now looking at the people that have applications in I see companys asking for money for  areas that do  not have high speed irregardless of being located on the other side of the country,all over the country.Even if the government gives all the money to build a small area out of state you can't maintain it.I guess what I am getting at is this going to be a real cluster      ,lots of money is going to be handed out and things will be built and  abandoned.Seems to me lots of wireless folks are applying. I can't see wireless being the answer lighting kills it.I think one of the answers is small cable systems to build out of there areas with fiber to the home.Ever system I own has people 2 or 3 miles out that would kill for my internet.It would be easy to go out of my headends for a few miles with fiber and serve the people out town and we could maintain it. If they ever change the laws so cable systems can get Universal Service money for real rural areas then you guys can go to work.Thats the way all these rural areas got built for telephone.
This is CABL.com posting #274603. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbjBf
Posted in reply to: U.S. gov't to release $4 bln soon for broadband by FiberSlasher
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: U.S. gov't to release $4 bln soon for broadban Zoots Alures 11/24/2009 5:47:40 PM
Re: U.S. gov't to release $4 bln soon for broadban hookman 81 10/11/2009 12:47:16 PM