Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Aussi Aussie Aussie

I have been following this pretty closely in the past year.  It has been a long drawn out process up to this point.  It is more or less a government run contract, which has good points and bad points.  The biggest player in Australia's telecom industry prior to this government initiated National Broadband Network is Telstra.  They have been at monopoly status in Oz for a great many years, so this is a very good thing for the region.  The detail that seems more disturbing for me, is that they appear to be issuing the contract on a state by state basis.  They will start in Tasmania, and from the best I can understand, a local power/electrical company is set to do the build.  So, one would be searching new contracts as each area develops.  I have yet to see any mention of a larger international company playing any part in it, but for those of us in the states, that will almost certainly have to happen for there to be any work availablity for US citizens, as work Visa's in Australia are VERY difficult to come by.  If you CAN get in over there, though, it should allow some work for nearly a decade.
If you are trying to do any searches on the internet for more information, just use "Australia NBN"  Or "Australia National Broadband Network" in your search engine, and you should come up with HEAPS of infor regarding the build.
As for me, I have a close tie to Australia, and if I can get in on the build, will see you all there!
This is CABL.com posting #259720. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfJc
Posted in reply to: Aussi Aussie Aussie by lazarust326
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Aussi Aussie Aussie lazarust326 7/3/2009 3:00:18 PM