Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Looking for the best (no cable access) HSI &am

I would suggest open mesh for your HSI service, cost effective and reliable can be installed very easilly and constantly expanded on without restriction, avoid Meraki (another similar developer) .
www.open-mesh.com

As far as adding cable to the sites without dish service you are still stuck running a line to each one. Depending on distances you can push a setup pretty far with minimal costs just short of the coax. Even running an rg-11 backbone with rg-6 feeds would be more than fine and burying/splicing is much easier as well as repairs in the future since no matter what you put in the ground it will eventually get cut.

I calculated a site figuring 25' per lot side by side in a "hallway" (15 lots per side) for a <400' backbone. With a conservative starting input of 15dBmv you could run the entire campground using just very standard catv equipment. I was able to do it with 4 8ways, 1 unbal. 3way and 3 20dBmv house amps and left enough "fudge" to push for longer drops though I kept all designed drops at under 100'.

This is CABL.com posting #244382. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbJO
Posted in reply to: Looking for the best (no cable access) HSI & T by SpeedLasher
There are 0 replies to this message