Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Message from Ben Stein

I can sooo appreciate that. I have read this before and it makes so much sense. I think more people should let cultures have their traditions. Christmas is a tradition of many for a specific reason. Hanuka is another. Passover is another. But I never got pissed when I saw the cards in the stores or when a sign was put up. Christmas is suppose to bring good cheer but there are those who have decided it is an insult to their beliefs. But their beliefs are ok. That is true. But so is Christmas. So live and let live. Don't look if you don't like it. Don't celebrate if you don't want to. I don't celebrate others' traditions but would never never tell them they can't. Or I am offended. It is for them and they should enjoy. Since Christmas has been celebrated for so long it shouldn't be shut down because some don't believe in it. They don't have to. They also don't have to try to take it away because they don't believe. It makes no sense to hurt others or take away their joy. I think everyone can celebrate their "holiday" but Christmas is Christmas. And Hanuka is Hanuka. Not on the same day. So we should all celebrate Christmas for what we want but it is still called Christmas Day. Thank you for coming to the show. lol
This is CABL.com posting #235361. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m9oj
Posted in reply to: Re: Message from Ben Stein by satdish
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Message from Ben Stein 2brikshyvtwin 12/10/2008 10:47:00 PM
Re: Message from Ben Stein drifterdawg 12/10/2008 9:47:00 PM