Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Amtec

A lot of the old timers in the industry still think it is as simple as running a drop, and a quick outlet to the transformer.
Most would not know where to begin to try to open up a customers computer to troubleshoot a problem.
Much less how to get a cable card to work, or how to get the mrdvr. to work. Or how about combining a camera system into a mrdvr system without overdriving. There are many variables to doing installations, and it is more technical than most linemans jobs.
Yes the lasher is heavy, that is why most lineman are 6 ft tall 240 pnds. .
Does not take much brains to get the strand and cable up there, just stay below power and above the ground. lol. Just kidding guys.. Ok all jokes aside. Line work is tough. There are good lineman and bad. To down installation and installers as though it is a joke position really shows your ignorance and well, deal with that as you may.
Show some respect. You lineman are not more of a tech than me, nor am I any more of a tech than Bob the installer.
We each play a key role in this industry and to think that your title is more important than anybody elses is just foolish. We all need each other to keep our jobs.
Quit trying to force the new generation of technicians into that old mentality that installation is a low position.
Most techs I know couldnt cut it as a good installation technician.
To all you guys who run the routes, and do all the hard work.
Thanks. John

This is CABL.com posting #204222. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m1h4
Posted in reply to: Re: Amtec by splice4doe
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Amtec danimal 11/30/2007 12:31:00 PM