Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: You Know If Its In Your Blood

Speaking of Snakes...

Back in the 1970s, I was a Field Engineer with General Instruments, Jerrold Electronics for you real old timers. We were building the system in Dewitt-Manlius which is in the suburbs of Syracuse, New York. After the splicers cut in the trunk amplifier housings, I would go out and install the "brand new Jerrold 300" amp chassis and turn on the power supplies. Well, I had a couple of poles way off the road so the only way to get to them was on hooks. So, I had loaded maybe 12-13 chassis that day, it's summer and pretty warm so I was getting a little used to the routine of opening the housing, checking for shorts, loading the chasis and setting the power plug and feeder maker. I opened this one housing and as I lowered the lid, this snake jumped out and bounced off my chest. Yes, I performed the quickest pole dismount in history and was running to my truck when I thought, "How the h*ll was a snake still alive in that hot housing?"

So I walk around through the bushes until I found the little sucker. The little wiggly rubber sucker made like a snake. Oh did the splicers have a good time with that one when I told them what I did. Gaffed out and didn't even get hurt. Funny what adrenalin will do to you when you least expect it. And here I thought splicers didn't have a sense of humor. (shocked)
This is CABL.com posting #172735. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mS6d
Posted in reply to: You Know If Its In Your Blood by deleted
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: You Know If Its In Your Blood Splicer Life 4me 7/27/2006 9:04:00 AM
Re: You Know If Its In Your Blood cabledog 7/27/2006 8:39:00 AM
Re: You Know If Its In Your Blood tclinewalker 7/27/2006 1:32:00 AM