Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Interference ???

I doubt that it is a sweep. How would the sweep signal be getting into a 3.7-4.2ghz spectrum? In the many cases i have seen of this problem, it is always coming right off of the satellight feed coming into the receiver. As near as i can tell it is some kind of radar, most likely military. I have seen this on a spectrum analizer with nothing more than a lnb hooked up to it and pointing it in the direction the dish is looking. If you are getting it on c-3 dish, you can most likely see it on c-4 & g-1 also. The transponders that it seems to hit the most is 4 and 10. If you have other channels on those transponders from any of your satellight feeds, take a closer look at those channels when it is happening. you will see it in those as well.

I went as far as contacting the FCC about this problem a couple of years ago, but they weren't much help. The guy showed up that day and it just happened to be doing it that day. So he got to take a look and see what i was talking about. The last i heard from him was, see if i could pinpoint where it was coming from, and he would see what he could do about it. Of course that was going to be impossible, because we were seeing it in all of our systems across IL and one in MO, and it would be doing it at the same time, give or take a second. See if it isn't a timed interval of 10 seconds. This sounds exactly like what i have been seeing for the past 5-6 years, and has become more frequent since 911.
This is CABL.com posting #118724. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mE24
Posted in reply to: Interference ??? by Silverline
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Interference ??? miamisucks 9/23/2003 9:07:00 AM
Re: Interference ??? scarecrow 9/22/2003 9:51:00 AM