Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need info from (real) old timers

trikedad,BigDuck,scarecrow,joystick, How right you all are I started in summer of 79 in Buff. NY 3.50 an hour with $50.00 a week taken out for tools wore my first set of bashlins out on the pavement out grew 1st belt still have and use my 1st set of nines every day thier older than my son . This last year has been the worst ever for me and a few others I know I got stiffed for thousands had to sell my bucket to feed my family and pay some people that did some work with me still in the hole but there may be some light ahead. rumor has it second half of the year will get much better 1.3 billion to Adelphia for upgrade/rebuilds any thing under 550 mhz. so real dogs hang in there hacks stay home old school needs a come back because this all most of us know and we are to old to learn something else but I for one plan on winning the lotto soon [don't laugh] but Iwill continue to hook and ladder till Iget it done skrimp and save to be a bucket baby again cause I at least deserve that. All old timers have bled for this industry. not only for the money but for the pride. If you don't understand that stay home . you will only get in our way . It's late and Igot to drive two hours to get to work in the AM it's hot muggy and that's ok because that what I am a cable LINEMAN so goodnight america
This is CABL.com posting #108553. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mCo1
Posted in reply to: Re: Need info from (real) old timers by joystick
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Need info from (real) old timers cablelou1 6/7/2003 7:55:00 AM
Re: Need info from (real) old timers tndr4 6/7/2003 5:08:00 AM
Re: Need info from (real) old timers splicerdicer 6/6/2003 10:39:00 PM
Re: Need info from (real) old timers cablchik 6/5/2003 6:09:00 PM
Re: Need info from (real) old timers Charlie2000 6/4/2003 11:52:00 PM