Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need info from (real) old timers

i agree with alot that's been said. i dont have 20+ years, only been in the industry since '88. when the big upgrade i was on tanked in '90, i went to work for a maintenance contractor. that led to bigger projects for us, b/c the mso saw the quality of our work. when that slowed, i went to the phone company. after the layoffs, i went back to cable, upgrade splicing and sweep. i couldnt see the future, but when the job turns to sh*t i move on. went back to telephone. success IS balancing work and happiness. if you focus on what makes you happy, you will succeed in everything you do. i know a contractor who's company expands and contracts successfully with the workload. he pays his supervisors very well with bonuses, depending on quality, speed, and them generating more work. he encourages them to hire/recommend guys they KNOW will work well. some of the great big, top heavy contractors have totally gone under b/c they are too greedy to use a successful corporate model. hope this rambling helps.
This is CABL.com posting #108108. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mChQ
Posted in reply to: Need info from (real) old timers by CABLE PHILOSOPHER
There are 0 replies to this message