Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Sweep Prices ??????

just like any other contract job in this business-- the price can be a money maker or loser depending on the situation. when i was splicing, i was rich!! rich!! at .31 a foot. i went to chicago for .50 a foot and couldnt even stay afloat. in backyard fenced in lex ky, i made .14 sweeping and got the biggest check of my life! next job was country running, big spans, and .09 a foot and i lost my a**.!! 8 cents can be fine if you are following good splicers, and if the local techs arent re-tweaking your amps, etc. when splicing, i cut from when the mso said i could start until the time i had to have it all up again..and then i built parts for the next day until i couldnt stand up any more. and did ok. sweeping, the same,except i worked on the pc, printing my pics and books and amp stickers until late at night and humped poles all day. i think if ya cant make money in a week, bail and find something else. as far as "how to be a sweep tech"...i dont know. i installed for 2 years, spliced retro and new build for 3 years, did phone work for 3 years, more retro for 3 more years, then became a "monkey with a stealthtrak" for 30 days for zero pay and bought all my own equipment-- when they thought i was good enough to be on my own, they gave me a footage rate. i already had my own splicing business, trucks, insurance, etc...just wanted the work.
This is CABL.com posting #102409. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mANV
Posted in reply to: Sweep Prices ?????? by pmarshal
There are 0 replies to this message